Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Emma's 1st visit to the ER

This past Friday we had quite the interesting day! Emma and our dog Lola were playing together. This is a very normal thing in our house. The next thing I knew Emma was screaming and holding her lip. Lola had scratched her lip and taken a nice piece out of her bottom lip. It stopped bledding right away. I called my mom in a panic and her and my dad and brother came over to check it out. Needless to say, my mom, Emma and I went to the hospital. After waiting for 5 hours.. yes that's right 5 hours. She was getting 5 stitches in her lip by a plastic surgeon. It was a horrible experience for her and for ME! I sat behind the curtain listening to her scream for me and cry. I CRIED the whole time. It was awful!! :)
She is doing very well, but her mom on the other hand is driving her crazy worrying that she is going to hurt her lip. We take her in 2 days back to the doctor for him to look at it and I guess take them out. Check out some of the pictures to see her little adventure...
.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my, Mom, it is just one of many boo boos that you will face. I know what you were feeling as I can remember when Meg cut her eye at your house in Feasterville and ended up with stiches. It is awful for the child but even worse for the Mom's as you are helpless to do anything for them. Tell Emma that Aunt Jeanne and Uncle Marker hope that she feels better soon.
Love to all,
Aunt Jeanne

Carrie said...

Oh Julie, I am so sorry for Emma, sweet thing. How did she do on her trip back to take the stitches out?

I can't imagine going through that with any one of my three:(

I've been thinking about you, miss you, I hope to see you soon!

Jonathan said...

I love your back round!! I am glad she did o.k. today. You know how special she is to me and I am so glad she is back to her normal self. Tell her that Aunt Ra~Ra loves her!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like she did OK today. So much prayer!
Julie, I hope you are doing better today. When I look back, I sometimes wonder how Moms survive!!
4 boys so you know we had a lot of stitches!

Praying for her and you all.

Love, hugs & prayers,
MIriam